Service and Support Capability
Through-Life Support (TLS) services and capability.
Modern defence organisations have undertaken substantial change over recent years including the implementation of Through-Life Management. TLM is seen to offer benefits both in terms of better-informed management of acquisition programs and better delivery of military capability.
A key component of TLM programs is the up-front planning and management for mission critical components and systems across the entire life of the product. Through Life Support (TLS) programs must be established and enacted to maintain military capability well after the original supplier contracts have expired.
MIL-Systems provides comprehensive TLS support services in support of defence organisations’ TLM programs.
- Creating full product support capability
- Reverse engineering and remanufacturing services
- Integrated Logistics Support (ILS)
- Alternate component sourcing and component re-engineering
MIL-Systems has developed quality systems for managing all Service and Support activities and has been audited to the purpose and intent of MIL-STD-973 Configuration Management standard.
MIL-Systems currently manages a number of Lifetime service support and readiness capability contracts for components of the Australian defence organisations. These include:
- MIL-Systems was contracted to create capability and provided ongoing repair and support services for mission critical power supplies deployed in the RAAF fleet of F-111’s.
- 2005 to 2018 BAE Systems, through life maintenance, upgrade & obsolescence of Australian Army battlefield radio & satcom power supplies, both MIL-Systems & others.
- 1995 to 2009 Mitec & British Aerospace, design & manufacture of seven power supply models for the Australian Army battlefield radio & satcom system, 100W to 1.5kW.
- 2005 to 2013 Raytheon, F-111 attack radar power supplies engineering, maintenance and obsolescence management.